Monday, April 23, 2007

Project Care 2007!

Project Care 2007 (organised by CDAC)
22 April 07 - 300 youths turned up to volunteer help to about 200 elderly to do their grocery shopping today. Each elderly was given a $30NTUC voucher and the volunteers were required to help the elderly keep within this budget. The shopping was done at Pasir Panjang NTUC.
After the shopping, volunteers and elders had lunch together at the civil servants club in Bukit Batok.



Madam Teo - The elder I was attached to.My first taste of volunteering for community projects after doing some minor ones during my schooling days.

I must admit it was very difficult waking up at 6am on a Sun morning. In fact thoughts of totally flying aeroplane crossed my mind so many times.. but am glad I did not cos it provided me with such a rewarding experience.

Initially I thought, what can we buy with jus $30 bucks.. But I must say I was surprised that it was sufficient if we were prudent.

All in all I had great Fun..
Ben & Goddaughter (Kat)

Here is a look to where our taxes go to....

Civil Servants Club @bukit batok:
Sunway Lagoon style swimming pool(shocking!!!)


Ballroom.


1 comment:

Daniel Tan said...

HAha,,


KAT looks so.. YOUNG in this photo